Leaders in Elite Athletics & Performance Program (LEAP)
The Leaders in Elite Athletics & Performance Program (LEAP) at Quest University Canada is structured to accommodate the special needs of accomplished student athletes and performers. This program is suited for students seeking to balance rigorous academics with the pursuit of sport, performance or art at a highly competitive or professional level. LEAP students are afforded extra flexibility in housing, billing, and course scheduling, and are awarded an automatic $10,000 scholarship upon admission to the program.
At Quest, students study one subject at a time on the Block Plan. In this focused environment, students start and finish a course in one month (18 days of class for a total of 54 contact hours). Courses are available to students during the 8 blocks in the normal Fall and Spring semesters (September – April), while Summer block offerings (May — July) continue to increase. On the block plan, athletes and performers are able to take months off for training or competition without missing a full slate of classes. For example, a snow sports athlete may take courses in the fall, spring and summer months, leaving the winter open to train and compete. A musician may take one month off to record in the studio, missing only one course instead of 4 or 5. LEAP students may take longer to complete a degree, but scheduling conflicts between training and academics can be minimized. All students must finish their degree within 8 years. LEAP students are allowed up to 4 blocks of independent study courses, which are taken one-on-one with a tutor. LEAP students are given course registration priority, and have the flexibility to drop classes last minute without penalty.
- 24-hour accessible training gym.
- Cardio gym with 6 trainer bikes, two treadmills, and two ergs.
- Gymnasium, FIFA certified soccer field, two squash courts, two tennis courts, and a bouldering gym.• Free yoga classes by certified instructors offered every day during the fall and spring terms.
- 30 minute drive to Whistler Olympic training facilities, and 45 minutes to Vancouver. Squamish is also home to numerous world-class fitness and sports medicine practitioners and facilities.
- Quest is located on 60 acres of property on the border of Garibaldi Provincial Park. Step outside your door and within an hour hike you are surrounded by scenic alpine valleys/glacier lakes.
- Enjoy world-renowned mountain biking trails and powder skiing right in your backyard.
To be eligible to apply for the Leaders in Elite Athletics & Performance Program, students must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- You are an officially recognized athlete by the government
of your country
- You are registered with a sport or art governing body or organization (national, provincial, state, or general)
- You are a sponsored athlete
- The majority of your personal income comes from participation in your art or sport
HOW TO APPLY
Students wishing to apply for Quest’s Leaders in Elite Athletics & Performance Program must first apply for regular admission. When you fill out the online application, there is an opportunity to indicate that you would like to apply for the Leaders in Elite Athletics & Performance Program.Once admitted to Quest, LEAP candidates must submit:
• Two letters of reference from individuals who can attest to
your dedication to your sport or art
• A resume that lists your rankings and accomplishments as
an athlete or artist.