Mason Pitchel, LEAP, Climber
Mason is from New England, born and raised just outside Boston. He started his climbing career at age 9 and hasn’t stopped since. Climbing started off as a competitive sport for Mason, but his passion for the podium soon shifted to a passion for real rock. Though he continued competing in USA Climbing’s youth category, he found that a day with friends outside was better than a day on the podium.
After he aged out of USA climbing, Mason’s attention shifted to hard accents outside, both in sport climbing and bouldering. Though he is focused on real rock, Mason still trains hard inside and likes to compete when he can around Canada and the US.
When he is not climbing, training for climbing, dreaming of climbing, or busy doing schoolwork, he can be found outside either hiking, biking, and camping.
- 1st 2015 SCS Regional Champion, Male Junior
- 1st 2014 SCS Regional Champion, Male Youth A
- 1st place Darkhorse Advanced Category 2014
- 1st place Ring of Fire 2015
- 2nd Place ABS Regionals 2014
- 2nd place Ring Of Fire Advanced Category 2013
- 2nd Place SCS Regionals 2012
- 3rd Place SCS Regionals 2013
- 22nd place SCS Open Nationals 2014