Quest University Canada offers a number of scholarships to recognize students whose experiences and achievements indicate they will have extraordinary impact on our community. Our scholarship range is from $2,000 to full tuition.
Read more about:
• The David Strangway Award for Excellence – Full Tuition
• Quest University Canada Presidential Scholarships – $2,000-$18,000
• Quest University Canada Athletic Scholarships – $2,000-$18,000
• Quest University Canada LEAP Scholarships – $10,000
• Scholarship Renewals
• External Scholarship Resources
Quest Entrance Scholarships
David Strangway Award for Excellence
Named for the University’s first President and Founding Chancellor, the David Strangway Award for Excellence honours the extraordinary career of Dr. Strangway and his vision that created Quest University Canada. The award provides full tuition for four years. The goal of the award is to grant access to Quest’s unique education to outstanding students regardless of their background, country of origin, or ability to pay. The recipients of this award will have achieved very high levels of academic excellence combined with an outstanding record of leadership and service. Students with a high school average above 90% (3.75 US or equivalent) are encouraged to apply.
Students applying for the David Strangway Award for Excellence must submit The Strangway Application Form to email@example.com before the March 1 Financial Aid Deadline. The Faculty Selection Committee will begin reviewing applicants for this award after March 1. Winners will be notified no later than April 1. Up to six full tuition awards are offered each year.
Quest University Canada Presidential Scholarships
$2,000 to $18,000/year
The Quest program is rigorous, and an important criterion for a scholarship is the applicant’s academic record. This is not evaluated by strict numerical limits, however; we are more impressed by a student who has done well in the most challenging courses available rather than one who achieved the highest grades by choosing an easier route to graduation. We are also interested in extracurricular activities—not the number of different clubs a student joined, but the passion with which they pursued non-academic interests and the impact made on compatriots and community. Some ways that students have demonstrated this is through sports, community service, leadership, theatre, clubs, volunteering, and other expressed talents Quest University Canada Presidential Scholarships are awarded to applicants who have demonstrated an eagerness to learn, an ability to lead, a willingness to contribute, and a passion for excellence. Students must submit their scholarship application within their online Admissions Application. Although optional, it is strongly suggested that students submit reference letters and a resume of personal achievements to support their scholarship application. Quest University Canada Presidential Scholarship applications submitted by the March 1 Financial Aid Deadline are given priority.
Quest University Canada Athletic Scholarships
$2,000 to $18,000/year
Quest University Canada Athletic Scholarships are awarded to incoming students who possess extraordinary athletic skills and have been selected to represent Quest on our varsity athletic teams—soccer and basketball. Students must submit their scholarship application within their online Admissions Application. Quest University Canada Athletic Scholarship applications submitted by the March 1 Financial Aid Deadline are given priority.
Quest University Canada LEAP Scholarships
The Leaders in Elite Athletics & Performance Program (LEAP) allows athletes to pursue both an education and excellence in their athletic careers. The program specifically caters to athletes pursuing their sport at a professional or highly competitive level. Quest University Canada LEAP Scholarships are awarded to incoming students who are selected into the LEAP program at Quest. This scholarship recognizes their past achievement and future potential. Students must indicate within their online Admissions Application that they plan to apply for the LEAP program. The LEAP application must be submitted with the Admissions application but not later than the March 1 Financial Aid Deadline.
1. Quest scholarships are offered to entering first-year students and are renewable for up to four years or 32 blocks.
2. Students must be enrolled in courses at Quest or Quest official partnering institution
3. There must be no outstanding fee payments owing on the student account over $100.00
4. Students must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress. This is defined as a GPA in excess of 1.6 in the first semester, 1.8 after the first year, and 2.0 thereafter.
5. Students must meet all other defined scholarship criteria specific to each scholarship type:
• Athletic Scholarships- students must remain on the varsity team.
• LEAP Scholarship- students must remain a part of the LEAP program.
Unless otherwise stated an annual scholarship is divided into two terms (fall/spring) and pro-rated based on course enrolment. Students with summer enrolment should contact the Financial Aid Office to discuss any summer funding opportunities.
External Scholarship Resources
- Banks and other companies often sponsor students or hold scholarship competitions
- Ask your parents’ or guardians’ employers, or your employer, whether they have a scholarship program.
- Use a search engine like Google to search for scholarships related to your interests (e.g., in the past, Toyota has sponsored an Environmental Scholarship), your region (e.g., Toronto scholarships), or your background (e.g., South Asian scholarships).
- You should also check whether your school district or board offers any scholarships