The Quest University Canada website consists of the material provided under the questu.ca domain and any subdomains (hereinafter referred to as the “Site”).
All material provided on the Site is intended for informational purposes only, and should not be used to replace either official documents (except where the material on the Site is explicitly identified as comprising the official version of a document), nor the advice of a qualified professional.
Our Privacy Statement describes how we collect, use and disclose personal information in relation to the Site and is an integral part of the Terms.
(a) Reserved Rights and Grant of Limited License
- Quest University Canada owns the intellectual property rights, including copyright, in and to this Site.
- As a user of this Site, you are granted a limited license to use (display or print) short extracts of the information for personal, non-commercial use only, provided you do not modify the information. Any other use of the information is prohibited and the information may not otherwise be reproduced, republished or re-disseminated in any manner without the express and prior written consent of Quest University Canada. To obtain such consent, please contact the faculty or department responsible for the information in which you are interested.
(b) No Advice or Warranties
- You shall be fully responsible for any consequences resulting from your use of the Site. The information on the Site is provided for educational or information purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice of any kind.
- Quest University Canada does not guarantee the quality, accuracy, completeness or timelines of the information on the Site. While efforts are made to verify the information, the Site may contain typographical or other errors and should not be assumed to be error free. Some information on the Site has been provided by third parties, and has not necessarily been verified by Quest.
- Quest University Canada shall not be responsible for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damage or any other damages whatsoever and howsoever caused, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Site or in reliance on the information available on the Site. This includes the loss of use, lost data, lost business profits, business interruption, personal injury, or any other personal or pecuniary loss, whether the action is in contract, tort (including negligence) or other tortious action. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind and for any reason in relation to the Site.
(c) No Endorsement
- The Site may contain links to other sites. These links are provided to help you identify and locate other online resources that may be of interest. Parties other than Quest University Canada independently develop and maintain these other sites and Quest University Canada does not assume responsibility for the accuracy or appropriateness of the information contained at such sites. In providing links to other sites, Quest University Canada is not acting as a publisher or disseminator of the material contained on these other sites and does not seek to control the content of, or maintain any type of editorial control over, such sites.
- A link to another site should not be construed to mean that Quest University Canada is associated with or is legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the link or the description of the link to such other sites. In addition, the mention of another party or its product or services on the Site should not be construed as an endorsement of that party, its product, or its services.
- Certain words, phrases, names, designs or logos used on the Site may constitute trademarks, service marks or trade names of Quest University Canada or other entities. The display of any such marks or names on the Site does not imply that Quest University Canada or other entities have granted a license or authorization of any kind to use such marks or names.
- All information submitted to Quest University Canada via the Site shall be deemed and remain the property of Quest University Canada, and Quest University Canada shall be free to use, for any purpose, any ideas, concepts, know-how or other techniques contained in information provided through the Site, or sent through e-mail, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by Quest University Canada. Furthermore, Quest University Canada shall not be subject to any obligations of confidentiality regarding any such information submitted to it, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by Quest University Canada.
- Quest University Canada cannot guarantee that information you provide through the Site will not be improperly accessed or used by third parties. The internet is not a secure medium. Privacy cannot be ensured. You submit information over the internet at your own risk. Email is vulnerable to interception and forgery. Quest University Canada will not be responsible for any damages you or any third party may suffer as a result of the transmission of confidential information to Quest University Canada through the internet, or that you expressly or implicitly authorize Quest University Canada to make, or for any errors or any changes made to any transmitted information.
(f) Access and Interference
- In using the Site, you agree that you will not use any device or software to attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to impose an “unreasonable or disproportionately large load” on Quest’s infrastructure. An “unreasonable or disproportionately large load” is one that prevents other members of the University community from gaining fair and equitable access to web-based systems and resources.
(g) Computer Viruses
- While every effort is made to ensure that all information provided on the Site does not contain computer viruses, you should take reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses and should ensure that you have a complete and current backup of the applicable items or information contained on your computer system. Some newer viruses have been written to automatically execute when an infected word-processing document is loaded into certain word-processing programs. Be aware and exercise caution.
(h) Choice of Law and Jurisdiction