Jeneva Beairsto, LEAP
Jeneva Beairsto is a decorated competitor in the Chinese martial art of Wushu. Her main focus is on performance-oriented competitions. Originally from Vancouver, Geneva specializes in various forms of Wushu, including Guchu, in which she received a gold medal at the Canadian Wushu National Championship. Contrary to popular belief, Wushu is a performance-based martial art, and not one of fighting.
On the podium since she started performing Wushu at age 10, Jeneva achieved her goal of making the Canadian National Team in 2013, placing second overall. She represented Canada in the Sport Accord World Combat Games in St. Petersburg, Russia, and again at the 12th World Wushu Championships in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Jeneva also earned gold in the Pan-American Wushu Championships.
She also enjoys other sports, and most recently learned how to ski. Before she dedicated most her time to Wushu training, Jeneva was a violinist. Though she has little time between training and school, she still enjoys playing music with friends for fun.
- 2015 Canadian Nationals – gunshu gold medalist
- 2014 Pan-American Wushu Championships, Costa Rica – jianshu & gunshu silver medalist
- 2013 SportAccord World Combat Games, Russia – 7th Overall
- 2013 World Wushu Championships – 13th – changquan, 12th – jianshu
- 2012 Pan-American Wushu Championships, Mexico – 3 gold medals