April 1- 3 / 2017
Check in is on Saturday April 1, 2017 from 10:00AM to 12:00PM on campus.
Quest will be providing shuttles from Vancouver International Airport to campus. For students flying to Vancouver, please try to select a flight that arrives by 10am local time on Saturday April 1.
If you are providing your own transportation to campus, please check in at Quest main reception in the Library building between the designated hours. Free guest parking is available on the plaza.
Saturday, April 1
10:00 – 12:00 – Arrival & Registration (Library Building Reception)
12:00 – 12:45 – Welcome! Introduction and Opening Remarks (Third Floor Library)
1:00 – 1:45 – Lunch with Student Ambassadors (Cafeteria)
2:00 – 3:30 – Class #1
3:40 – 5:10 – Class #2
5:15 – 6:00 – Dinner with Student Hosts (Cafeteria)
6:30 – 10:00 – Cabaret (Recreation Complex)
10:00 – LATE – Bonfire, Games, etc. (meet in Atrium)
Sunday, April 2
8:30 – 9:30 Breakfast with Hosts (Cafeteria)
9:30 – 10:30 – Campus Tour (meet in Atrium)
10:30 – 11:20 – Life Post-Quest Alumni Panel (2nd Floor Library)
11:30 – 12:15 – Life @ Quest Student Panel (3rd Floor Library)
12:15 – 1:30 – Lunch (Atrium)
1:30 – 5:00 – Activities! (Meet in Atrium)
5:00 – 6:00 – Dinner (Atrium)
6:30 – Students from BC and WA State depart
7:30 – 9:30 – Open Mic (3rd Floor Library)
Monday, April 3
8:00 – Breakfast with Your Hosts (Cafeteria)
9:00 – Quest Classroom Experience (Meet at reception by 8:50!)
11:00 – All remaining students depart (shuttle to YVR departs at 11:00AM)
Schedule for Parents
Saturday, April 1
12:00: Welcome! Introduction and Opening Remarks (3rd Floor Library)
1:00: Lunch with Student Ambassadors (Cafeteria)
2:00: Class #1
3:40: Class #2
7:00: Wine & Cheese with Faculty (Meet at Reception)
Sunday, April 2
9:30AM: Campus Tour start from Atrium
10:30AM: Alumni Panel
11:30AM: Parent Panel
12:15PM: Student Panel
Afternoon: Time on your own to explore the beautiful Sea to Sky Corridor!
Driving Directions – https://questu.ca/map/driving-directions/
Campus Map – https://questu.ca/about/campus-location/
Local Accommodations – https://questu.ca/map/local-accommodation/
Tourism Squamish – http://www.tourismsquamish.com/
Sea to Sky Gondola – Visitors to Quest receive $5 (20%) discount on lift passes for the Sea to Sky Gondola, located 10 minutes south of campus. Ask for more details during your campus visit.
Squamish Weather – http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cabc0279
STUDENTS FROM BC AND WASHINGTON STATE
• Check out is at 6:30PM on Sunday April 2.
• If you are being picked up, please plan to get picked up at the Library building at 6:30PM on Sunday April 2.
• If you are driving yourself from campus, please plan to leave at 6:30 PM from campus.
• If departing by plane on Sunday April 2, flights should be scheduled to depart from Vancouver International Airport for 9:00PM at the EARLIEST!
ALL OTHER STUDENTS
Check out is either Sunday April 2 at 6:30PM or on Monday April 3 at 11:00AM.
• If you are getting picked up, please plan to be picked up at 11:00AM on Monday April 3 or 6:30PM on Sunday April 2
• If departing by plane on Monday April 3, flights should be scheduled to depart from Vancouver International Airport for 3PM Pacific Standard Time at the EARLIEST! We will provide a shuttle to YVR, but only if you have a flight departing after 3PM PST – otherwise, transportation from the campus will be your responsibility.
What to bring (space is limited – you will most likely be sleeping on a couch or floor space in your host students’ residence rooms)
- Sleeping bag, pillow, sleeping pad, PJ’s
- Towel and facecloth
- Toiletries: toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, and any other products you may need
- Good walking shoes and/or runners (casual and sporty)
- Athletic apparel and comfortable clothes
- Rain jacket (especially if you plan to hike the Chief)
- Warm clothes for the Cabaret event
- Reusable water bottle: our tap water is the BEST!
- Any musical instruments you may want to play
- Passport (for non-Canadians)
- Canadian money for food and/or snacks in the cafeteria
- Any medications you may need (especially if you have allergies)
- Quest will provide all non-Canadians with free medical insurance for the event
- Students wishing to confirm their enrollment to Quest may do so at the event
- Quest will be providing all main meals (breakfast, lunch, &dinners). Please prepare to buy extra food/snacks in our cafeteria or bring snacks with you. Our cafeteria is open from 7:30AM -7:30PM daily