Wow! You did it. Congratulations on being admitted to Quest!
We’re hosting our 2019 Admit Weekend April 13-15. To make sure you’re ready to go when classes start in September, we’ve got a bunch of awesome activities lined up for you.
During Admit Weekend you’ll experience demo classes, meet new friends, and get to know your way around campus. We can’t wait!
General Information about Admit event for Admitted Students:
Space is limited, so we encourage you to register as soon as possible!
Login to your Portal to Register.
If you are an admitted student traveling from outside BC or Washington state, register to join us on campus from April 13-15 (2 nights).
If you are an admitted student travelling from Greater Vancouver and the local area, including Seattle and Bellingham, join us on campus from April 13-14 (1 night).
We are offering complimentary shuttles to and from the airport (YVR) and bus/train station from downtown Vancouver. Accommodation and meals will be provided during the Admit Event.
Apply for a travel grant here!
Login to your portal to register.
- Quest will provide all non-Canadian students with free medical insurance for the event
- All students attending the event must be admitted to Quest for Fall 2019. Deferred students are included in this category.
- Students wishing to confirm their enrolment to Quest may do so at the event.
- We cannot accommodate parents, siblings, or friends wishing to stay overnight on-campus.
- Quest will be providing all main meals (breakfast, lunch, & dinners). Please prepare to buy extra food/snacks in our cafeteria or bring snacks with you. Our cafeteria is open from 7:30 am-7:30 pm.
Saturday, April 13
10 – 11:45 am – Arrival, Registration, Meet your Host
12 – 12:45 pm – Official Welcome and Icebreaker
1 – 1:45 pm – Lunch with Student Ambassadors
2 – 5:30 pm – Activities
6 – 7:30 pm – Dinner
8 – 10 pm – Cabaret
10 pm – Late – Bonfire or Games
Sunday, April 14
9:30 – 10:30 am Breakfast
10:30 – 11:30 am – Campus Tour
11:40 am – 12:10 pm – Life After Quest – Alum Panel
12:15 – 1 pm – Lunch
1:15 – 2:45 pm – Class A
3 – 4:30 pm Class B
5 – 6 pm – Dinner
6:30 pm – Students from BC and WA State must check out. Others are also welcome to checkout/depart at this time.
7 – 9 pm – Open Mic
Monday, April 15
8 am – Breakfast with your hosts
9 am – Sit in on real Quest class
11 am – All remaining students must depart
- Check in is on Saturday April 13, 2019 from 10 to 11:45 am on campus.
- Quest will be providing shuttles from Vancouver International Airport to campus. For students flying to Vancouver, please try to select a flight that arrives by 10 am local time on Saturday April 13
- If you are providing your own transportation to campus, please check in at Quest main reception in the Library building between the designated hours. Free guest parking is available on the plaza.
STUDENTS FROM BC AND WASHINGTON STATE
Check out is at 6:30 pm on Sunday April 14 .
- If you are being picked up, please plan to get picked up at the Library building at 6:30 pm on Sunday April 14
- If you are driving yourself from campus, please plan to leave at 6:30 pm from campus.
- If departing by plane on Sunday April 14, flights should be scheduled to depart from Vancouver International Airport for 9 pm at the earliest!
ALL OTHER STUDENTS
Check out is either Sunday April 14 at 6:30 pm or on Monday April 15 at 11 am.
If you are getting picked up, please plan to be picked up at 11 am on Monday April 15 or 6:30 pm on Sunday April 14
If departing by plane on Monday April 15, flights should be scheduled to depart from Vancouver International Airport for 3 pm Pacific Standard Time at the earliest! We will provide a shuttle to YVR, but only if you have a flight departing after 3 pm PST – otherwise, transportation from the campus will be your responsibility.
Canadian students will need to include a copy of your medical card. If you are 18 years of age or younger, you will need a parent/guardian to verify the consent form agreement.
- Sleeping bag, pillow, sleeping pad, PJ’s
- Towel and facecloth
- Toiletries: toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, and any other products you may need
- Good walking shoes and/or runners (casual and sporty)
- Athletic apparel and comfortable clothes
- Rain jacket (especially if you plan to hike the Chief)
- Warm clothes for the Cabaret event
- Reusable water bottle: our tap water is the BEST!
- Any musical instruments you may want to play
- Passport (for non-Canadians)
- Canadian money for food and/or snacks in the cafeteria
- Any medications you may need (especially if you have allergies)
General Information about Admit event for Parents:
We have invited all admitted students traveling from outside BC’s Lower Mainland area to stay on campus from April 13 – 15 (2 nights), and those from Greater Vancouver and the local area, including Seattle and Bellingham, to stay on campus from April 13 – 14 (1 night). We are offering complimentary shuttles to and from the airport (YVR) and bus/train station from downtown Vancouver. Accommodation and meals will be provided on campus during the Admit Event.
In addition to the Admit Event for students, we welcome parents to join us and experience Quest first-hand. Please keep in mind that we are not able to arrange accommodations for parents on campus but have included some local accommodation recommendations below. The best way to get around in Squamish is by driving. There are also two taxi companies and public transportation.
Space is limited, so we encourage students and parents to register as soon as possible!
Confirming Your Registration:
If you would like to join us for the event, please RSVP before March 15, 2019.
Admitted students must register for the event through their application portal.
Tentative Schedule for the Weekend:
Saturday, April 13
10 – 11:45 am – Arrival, Registration
12 – 12:45 pm – Official Welcome
1 – 1:45 pm – Lunch with Student Ambassadors (parents only)
2-3 pm – Campus Tour
8 – 10 pm – Wine & Cheese with Faculty at President George Iwama’s condo (parents only)
Sunday, April 14
10:30 – 11:30 am – Faculty Panel (parents only)
11:40 am – 12:10 pm – Life After Quest – Alumni Panel
6:30 pm – Students from BC and WA State must depart. Others are also welcome to depart at this time.
Helpful information for both parents & students:
If you are planning to join us, it is recommended to book your accommodation soon. Hotels in Squamish are expected to be busy over the weekend as there are other events happening in town during this time.
Sea to Sky Gondola – Visitors to Quest receive $5 (20%) discount on lift passes for the Sea to Sky Gondola, located 10 minutes south of campus. Ask for more details during your campus visit.